Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Memories

I got home from work at about 6:30. I had to stop off to get gas, and then I had to stop off at the clinic to have my TB test from Friday checked. I needed it for a new faculty position that I have decided to take (an 8 to 5 job- YAY!). When I got home, Greg and I ate dinner together. The boys had already eaten. Greg made "ghoulash" (Greg's version is made with pasta shells, ground beef, cheese, and tomato sauce), spinach, and corn. After I finished I ate a slice of the strawberry pie Greg made this weekend. One of my favorite things is Greg's strawberry pie. Yum! I feel so good and happy after I eat a slice. It's so refreshing.

I went to help Grayson play his Elmo games on PBSkids.org. He is so cute with those games. Then I helped Jonathan with his homework. Then I worked on a domino project Jeremy had created using a construction hat, playdough, and dominoes. All my boys are so sweet. None of them are particularly willful or disobedient. Like most kids, they have their moments, but my boys are all such good boys. They are all three unique and special with gifts and talents and interests. It is going to be neat to see what they decide to study. Their little personalities are so cool. Jonathan is so social and helpful, and he is so enthusiastic. 110%! Jeremy has this quiet, gentle spirit, and he is such a tender heart. Grayson is a little go-getter. He has this funny, mischievous streak (really they all do). You should see Grayson swing a bat. All three of my boys are very gifted with art. I think Jeremy will be a great writer or maybe a scientist or a doctor. Jonathan has strong, confident voice. Maybe a politician? A preacher? He is such a great little nurse when I am sick, he could be a doctor too. Grayson could maybe be a pro athlete or a business man. He is so good on the computer, maybe he'll be a CS guy. Oh, it doesn't matter. They'll be what they choose, and I will support them. I'm with them... 110%!

I went into Jonathan's room to help him with the last of his homework. It smelled pretty bad in there. Jonathan said he tooted. I remarked that his room smelled like cheesy feet and garbage. Jeremy heard that and started to laugh, and Jonathan thought it was funny and he laughed too. Then Jeremy and Jonathan laughed together some more. I saw Greg check the recliner before he sat down in it. Grayson had peed in it this weekend. I looked around at the stains in the carpet and at our old furniture, and I was resigned to the fact that we have three little boys, and sometimes parts of the house are going to stink. That's a big step for me.

Greg was making pizzelles, and Grayson asked to watch Star Wars. I showed him all three tapes, and he chose Return of the Jedi. I put it in the VCR, and pressed play. We all ate pizzelles together. They are so good. I thought about how I loved my life as I walked to my bathroom. As I sat down, I realized someone sprinkled when they tinkled. Normally this really makes me mad, but I just smiled. It's all part of it.

In the great expanse of things, relative to what is going on in so many places in the world, I have an abundant, blessed life overflowing with opportunities and options and freedom and friends and love and laughter. I spend so much of my time worried about my "stuff" and worried about my loved ones, when I don't need to worry at all. Even if it were all over tomorrow, we've already lived a life full of more blessings than many people experience in a lifetime. We have had so many wonderful family moments. Like last weekend. We had a picnic outside. After we ate our bulgogi quesadillas and had some wonderfully sweet watermelon, the boys played on the playground. Greg and I layed on a blanket under the shade of a tree and looked up through the leaves in the trees up at the clouds in the sky. It was the perfect temperature with a light breeze. I closed my eyes and tried to nap. The boys were happy and playing, Sasha was watching them nearby, and I had my husband next to me. It was a great day.

Right now Greg is getting Grayson ready for bed. He fell asleep watching the video. The older boys are getting ready for bed too. I think Greg and I will go to bed early. It's a great life...
  • Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No comments: