This morning Jer felt something wiggling in his baseball cap. He took his cap off, and there was a scorpion sticking his head out of the seam along the edge of the cap. We are so thankful because his stinger was inside the seam and couldn't get to Jer. Thank You, God, for your protection.
I spent last night in the ER (long story- don't ask). I rode in an ambulence for the first time. It sucked, and the whole thing was humbling, but I was too miserable to care. Sundays are usually slow, but the ER had a very busy night. There was a poor little boy about Gray's age who was a burn victim. They had to debride his burned skin. I felt so bad for him. He was crying angrily, "Nooo!" and he was calling for his Mama. Even now I am tearing up thinking about the poor little guy.
I have spent much of the last few months in complaint mode. Yes, I have valid complaints, but last night I realized how thankful I should be. I have been blessed and protected in so many ways...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm going to call you tomorrow, so you better be prepared to spit up the ER story. In the meantime, Randy says that you should call an exterminator - there might be a nest somewhere.
Have you been sending Scorpion thoughts our way? Lana found a scorpion in the shower this morning, the first one we have ever seen. We blame you, despite the Pacific Ocean being between us. :-)
Post a Comment